Saturday, July 11, 2009

Paint Ball Warriors


I (Cheyney) have always been intrigued by paint balling. My brothers used to do it when we were kids but I never did. When I found out Aspen Grove would have it available, I was on board. We were one of the first to sign up for it and we were busy making strategies of how to capture the flag. It was just our family on the field plus one to keep teams even. Yeah, I have heard that it hurts but it just looks like so much fun. My sisters- in-law seemed to think so too because the girls were the main ones rushing the field to recover the flag. Well, we learned a lot from the game; mostly that we are a close family to still be speaking to each other after. Here are our stats.

272 shots
32 cup fulls of paint balls
8 players
5 hits on my body
3 people shot in the head (I was one of them)
2 people cried (I was one of them)
2 illegal shots (after yelling time out)
2 flags captured by me
2 times I yelled "enough" while bundled up on the ground
1 person wanted to play again (not me)

4 comments:

ridgeandjenny said...

Wow, you guys are fun. I played a few times. Once, I was behind a huge mound of dirt. I thought I would peek up to get a look at my opponents. I crept slowly to the top, grains of dirt stirred by my trembling hands. I swiveled my newly revealed head and sure enough, as if in super slow motion, a paintball flew directly at me face and splattered into my mouth... YUCK! I was also shot at point blank range by a team of idiots after being the last man standing. I bled and cried a tiny bit.

Wendy said...

That was the best recap ever! Ah, memories.

Heather said...

I have always wanted to go paint balling....but not so anymore much after reading this!

Jamie said...

Paint ball scares me a little. You are not helping.