Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ukulele player


My husband has taken up a new hobby. He is a ukulele playin' man. I do think he was inspired by the islands of Fiji. It is pretty impressive how he has had no musical training before and has done a pretty good job figuring out the chords and songs. It is funny to hear him play Lady Gaga songs or a Taylor Swift song on the uke. He has even picked up Freebird!!!

My mom and dad came last week to visit and Ryan got my dad hooked on the uke. My dad learned to play it in one day and went and bought himself TWO ukuleles and wants another! I think he wants to start a band. I told him that I will play the cow bell.

Hopefully in posts to come, I can convince Ryan to grace you with a song.

5 comments:

katina said...

That's awesome!

The Reillys said...

always can use more cow bell! i barely recognized ryan from the pic. looks like the uke has added some pounds! jk. maybe we can add the uke to our christmas caroling! gonna see your parents next weekend for my dad's 60th. cant wait!

Logan

Nicole said...

I dare you to play your ukulele while Cheney is giving birth to your child and see how much she likes it then! I double dare you.

Aubrey A said...

"Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!" Hehehe!! That would be something I'd pay to see. :)

Unknown said...

Will you be traveling with the uke? I hope so!