Sunday, June 6, 2010

April's visit

My dear friend, April Giddens, came to visit this last week. April and I have been friends since the beginning of time. My parents took us to her house in the middle of the night when my mom went into labor with Brady. April taught me how to drive a golf cart when I was 8. She let me borrow her brother in 11th grade when I didn't have a date for Prom. She was my roommate at BYU my 2nd year. Now, she drove to Raleigh to distract me during my last few weeks of pregnancy. It is so great to have such a wonderful life long friend with so many inside jokes. We had a wonderful time even though I am not very active (on the verge of disabled). This time last year, we were doing a triathlon together. Here we are in our matching shirts from the race. HAHAHA. YIKES. I am surprised I can still fit in mine.


Thanks for the visit, Ape.

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Cheney, I think you look pretty fantastic. Just hang in there, you are almost there.

Trace Gibson said...

APE!!! I wish I could've been there to laugh at all the old jokes & enjoy my great old friends!!! How funny about the marathon shirts...you'll be back in marathon shape a week after you give birth if I know you! I'm going to peek in on this blog a lot to see the "happenings," so keep us all posted on your upcoming miracle!!! Lots of love & aloha!

Aubrey A said...

You're gorgeous Cheney! I feel for you and remember how tired and uncomfortable those last few weeks are. I believe the Lord made it that way so that we would want the little one to come out. If it was easy-breezy we'd be fine carting them around until they were old. :) :) Hang in there girlie!! You'll make it, and then the real exhaustion begins. :) :)

Anonymous said...

We know that you guys really need to catch up on some sleep, but you must realize how hungry your public is for pictures of SAMMY AND HIS HEROIC MOM AND DAD! Monica is super-hyped about his arriving on her birthday. She now considers herself his very own fairy godmother. Okay, go back to sleep. We can wait for pictures.

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY, RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Love from Dale and Joyce