Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fall is Here!



Every year I post about the upcoming football season for BYU, this year is no different. This is going to be a great year to watch as a fan. BYU starts their first year of independence with an established QB, and a lot of talent, and an invigorated coaching staff. Also they have a contract with ESPN and BYUTV so it will be easy to see them play on TV.

Last year I predicted 9-10 wins and was wrong. Usually I am within a game or two, but last year the wheels fell off. Lots of injuries and some flaws in coaching became apparent during the season. A demoralizing loss at Utah State, a last minute loss to Utah, and 4 other losses led to a 7-6 season. The Cougs rallied near the end and won their bowl game.

This is how I see it this year:

I think the team will be strong almost everywhere, except for the Defensive secondary. Their is an established leader and this team is young but talented. This year they will show sparks of greatness. The Offense will be fun to watch and the defensive line will be fierce. I divide the games up into three categories:

Games BYU will not be favored in:
Texas, TCU

I wouldn't be surprised if BYU beats one of the Texas teams, but expecting victories over both talented programs on the road is too much to ask. 1-1

Games that will be competitive:
Ole Miss, Utah, UCF, Oregon State, Hawaii. BYU will kill Utah at home this year. I'm a little worried about Ole Miss and Oregon State on the road. I expect 4-1 from this group.

Games BYU will win in their sleep:
San Jose State, Utah State, New Mexico State, Idaho state, Idaho. These games will be put away by half time, especially the revenge game against Utah State.5-0

So a fun season to look forward too. I'm calling for a ten win season and a bowl victory. This year we'll be at the Utah State game and the TCU game in Dallas. Cant wait.

Go Cougars!

No comments: