Thursday, September 1, 2016

Gift from patient

While in a room with a patient, the medical assistant interrupted me and asked me to come out of the room. I found this very odd.  She said a patient needed to see me in the waiting room.  I asked who it might be and then went out to see what he needed.  He was there to thank me with this amazing bouquet of flowers that he arranged himself.
I could hardly believe it.  I had never been a recipient of such a magnificent gift.  I felt very undeserving.  
And to think that I almost didn't go to work.  That morning after driving 30 minutes down the road,  Ryan called and asked if I had his keys.  I did.  I had to turn around and drive 30 minutes back to give them to him.  I called and told work I would be an hour late.  It ended taking me 2 hours and 20 minutes to get to work that day.  I hardly thought that it would be worth it.
After this gift, I was so grateful to have this job and so glad I made the extra effort to come.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

SO sweet! Just catching up on everyone's blogs. I haven't logged in for months.