Thursday, December 28, 2006

Engaged!

I am engaged! YIPPEE! Ryan and I have been talking about getting married for a while now. When we went to Georgia for Thanksgiving, we asked mom and dad for their blessing in our marriage. Branagan and McKay were cute and we did our first 6 way hug with Ryan. When I wrote Brady in Chile, he said, "Well, hell done froze over!"We got back to Los Angeles and had a perfect day planned when neither of us had to work. I started off the day by being a brat and freaking out about getting married. Ryan was smart and politely left and told me to pick him up when I was ready. I pouted and took a nap. I picked him up and we went to the Observatory in the Hollywood Hills. It has just reopened after 4 years of renovation. It is a planetarium and has a great view of the city. On the hike up, my brattiness continued and I told him I wasn't ready to get married. While walking around the observatory, Ryan suddenly grabbed me, hugged me, and told me that he loved me. He said, "Cheyney, I want you to be my wife. Will you marry me?" Suddenly all my anxiety and fear vanished and I knew what I have always known.... I am madly in love with Ryan and want to be with him for eternity! YES! YES! YES! We went outside, looked at the massive city and hugged and kissed. Then the next thing on my mind was let's go get a ring! We went ring shopping in the Jewelry district downtown and then to an Anita Baker concert at Universal Studios. It really turned out to be the perfect day, even though I tried to ruin it!

No comments: