Sunday, January 13, 2008

Enjoying our Primary class

With the turn of the year we've gotten a new primary class. We switched age groups and now teach Sunday School to the seven year olds. This is only our second week and one girl wrote us a thank you note on a pink heart cut out of construction paper . Another sweet girl gave us a picture of her with her two sisters. Its fun to teach seven year olds who aren't worried about being cool (which seems to come around age nine). They also make better comments than can be found in most gospel doctrine classes.

Today during her lesson, Cheyney asked, "Do you have any examples this past week where you thought what would Jesus do?"

Child 1: "I was thinking about practicing the piano and I thought what Jesus would want me to do is move the piano to my room and practice and learn to play."
Child 2: "I was really bored on Thursday and thought, what would Jesus do if He was bored? And then I decided He would try to sell things so He could get money and give it to my grandma who is poor."
Child 3: "I think Jesus would want me to pray."

Another thing I love about primary is watching the three and four year olds in opening exercises. They go nuts whenever the week's birthdays are announced almost every time. They yell how old they will be with their next birthday and when their birthday is, sometimes incorrectly.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That is so cute!!! Can you please find me the husband Ryan promised I'd be married to by March 2009 so I can have some babies that will say cute things like that? Thanks!

Luis and Christy said...

I'm going to agree that Jesus would sell stuff. I'm telling you... the best time of your life is before you have to be cool all of the time. I, for one, like that little kids aren't embarrased to cry loudly or throw their bodies down on the floor when they get frustrated. Maybe adults would be a little happier if they'd allow themselves to be uncool sometimes. (says the uncool kindergarten teacher)

Renee said...

I bet had emily been in primary back in the day she would have been one of those kids going nuts over the birthdays!! I miss you guys! Can't wait to see you in a few days!!