Tuesday, January 20, 2009

On the road to Athens

... Athens Georgia that is. I lived in this apartment with Jenny for a semester. What great memories! We would stay up late listening to Lenny Kravitz and watching Party of Five.
Next was our tour of campus.


My parents have really taken to retirement. After sushi, Brady wanted to take us to the Georgia Theater to watch a band. Ryan and I were tired at 10 p.m. and ready to go to bed but Mom and Dad were up for a concert. The first band, Jar-e, was great with an awesome saxophone. Next was a D.J. or mix master and finally Toubab Krewe.
By this point, it was packed. We thought smoking was outlawed indoors in Georgia like 5 years ago but it was a total hot box in there. Mom and I saw someone light up a joint right next to us. We were a little concerned about wearing our coats into church the next day.

Finally, we had our own concert at Brady's place. Mom and Dad rocked on Guitar Hero. Brady was a great host and it was fun acting like a college student again.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Your padres are true rockers. What a great photo! Did you try 5-star cafe?

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME!!!! You got a contact high! He he he =) Do have to tell your Bishop that? Love you!

ridgeandjenny said...

Please tell me you hit The Grill! There is nothing like fries and feta on an unbeleivably freezing cold Downtown Athens night. And come on! You guys would totally fit in there! JK!

Julie said...

That is so cool! Your parents are awesome- there is no way they are old enough to retire! What great memories!

Luis and Christy said...

You always have the best adventures... seeing someone light up a joint while out with your mom: priceless! Isn't it amazing when you realize your parents are fun?

Natalie said...

Hi Cheyney!! I found your blog through your myspace, and I have a blog too! You should check it out, and from there you can see Josh and Trish's blog! I love to see how your cute family is doing, and all the cute pictures of your family at Christmas! I sure do miss the Webb's!

Nicole said...

Hey Ryan and Cheyney. Looks like you guys are having fun, (as usual). When are you gonna come back out to Cali to visit?

Karen said...

Hey, That is my ole stompin' grounds...I was just there last weekend. Glad your parents are having so much fun. We enjoyed seeing everyone over the holidays and thanks for coming to visit!! Karen

Cathy said...

I NEVER thought I would see your Mom playing guitar hero --- retirement must be wonderful!