Monday, June 8, 2009

I survived!

Julie convinced me to sign up for my first triathlon. It was so much fun. Most of my anxiety was because I didn't know what to expect. I figured out a good strategy for swimming the hard way (even though Julie told me what to do in the first place). Biking was a little slow but I got a second wind with running. I did listen to my ipod while biking and running. I listened to an hour of General Conference while biking and music like Britney Spears, Warren G and Black-eyed Peas while running. Maybe that is why I did better running. There was a 72 year old woman racing who rocked the mic. Amazing! It was so much fun, Julie and I have already signed up for Peachtree City triathlon in August!




7 comments:

Sara said...

You're amazing! Jessica and I are hiking Half Dome this weekend. So we'll let you know if we survive that.

And, General Conference is good and all. But it's general induces sleep rather than bursts of energy.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! You rock! Aaron and I are running in a puny little 10k this weekend. Maybe one day I'll try a triathlon...That is, if I learn to swim =)

Wendy said...

You are my hero Cheyney! I want to be like you when I grow up!

Nicole said...

Wow! Thats awesome. So where was Ryan during this triathlon?

ridgeandjenny said...

You're awesome Cheyns!! I had no idea you were doing this. I am supposed to do a sprint in July but haven't trainded a wink unless you count the 2 mile round trip commute to work and back. We will see how much I will hurt myself. Also, I saw Hubble in a show this morning. Here is the link (though I am sure Ryan has seen it):
http://www.hulu.com/watch/56551/halfway-home-halfway-scared

Bailey said...

Congrats! That is amazing!

Trace Gibson said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so impressed! You look so tough having a drink next to the bikes. I should do the same to lose my baby gut and get fit like you...lookin' GOOD! :):)