Thursday, October 15, 2009

Grandpa Orville


My Grandpa Orville died peacefully in his home on Saturday, October 10th, at age 92. He was always cheating in games against his grandkids, telling tall tales, and making everyone laugh. He made his grandchildren (all 22 of us) promise to never push him down or spit on his shoes. Because of him, we are all proud to be "Dog-faced Webbs".

I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful Grandpa and to have had him here for so long. I was able to call him before he died to tell him a joke (one of his own) and say goodbye. I am so grateful for eternal families so we can be together forever.

Pictures from my last visit with him


5 comments:

Evan said...

Sounds like he was a helluva grandpa! It's nice that you had a chance to talk to him before he left for that better place. 92 years! It's so hard to imagine what it would have been like to be alive from World War I to iPhones.

It's a bummer that I think we're all reaching the age where having living grandparents is a rarity. :(

Karen said...

So sorry to hear Stan's dad is gone. He was such a character. Loved looking at the pictures of him...and seeing his place looks very much like Roger's parent's place...how many miles apart did they live from one another?Glad you got to see him and talk with him...Can't wait to see you Thanksgiving!

Julie said...

I love these pictures of you and your grandpa! Memories! Thanks for your comments on eternal families! Yeah!

Wendy said...

What sweet photos of you and him!

Jared and Laurel said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a big role in the formation of that good, old "Webb-humor" that I always found fascinating about you guys. Of course, I remember meeting your other grandpa: as he took my hand to kiss it and then switched to kiss his own, I thought he must just be REALLY old (I didn't get it)! You guys come of good stock.