Tuesday, September 16, 2014

On the road again

One of the best things about being on the road is the people you get to see along the way.  

Our first stop was with the Fryers in Abeline, TX.  
I went to Westminster College with Lily Kate and Matt.  Since our times together in SLC, we have reconnected in Arizona, California and now Texas!  Lil is the kind of friend that you pick up right where you left off.  Their sweet kids are Merritt, Claire, and Maitland.  I feel so lucky to know this awesome family!  



Seeing Marcella, my old roommate and fellow Ghetto Girl,  was a huge treat and surprise.  I just happened to text her as we drove through El Paso, as that is where she did her undergrad, and it made me think of her.  She is now writing her dissertation for her PhD, married with a baby, and living in Las Cruces.  But low and behold, she was spending her summer in Albuquerque and that was where we were staying the night!  We rendezvoused at our hotel where I got to meet her darling family, reminisce and catch up.  


Matthew and Tessa got along great! 


No comments: