Sunday, September 9, 2007

Asheville


Cheyn Planned a fun overnighter to Asheville NC this past weekend. Saturday morning we went to the Biltmore Estate, a giant mansion that is open to the public. It was really amazing inside. There was a bowling alley and giant dining room than seemed like it could seat 100 people. The furniture and rooms and painting were all super fancy. The grounds were amazing too. It was the biggest mansion I've ever been in. Afterwards I realized it was the mansion where Being There was filmed, a really funny movie about a TV addicted gardener who becomes friends with a billionaire.

Later that day we went and hiked a few hours on the Appalachian trail, with one foot in North Carolina and one foot in Tennessee (The trail divides the states). It was fun to be in such beautiful mountains. Cheyn planned a wonderful little get away.

video on other blog

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Wow, you guys are travelers! It seems like that's all you've done the past 6 months....I'm totally jealous.

Glad you're back together again too. I'm sure that wasn't fun at all.

We'd love to be your friends too.
www.kirstenandmark.com

xo the Reeders

Trace Gibson said...

Biltmore...that's the one that has all the Lowe's commercials with "home improvement ideas," right? Very cool. The scenery on A.T. looks so gorgeous! What a great wife you have, planning these fun trips and get-aways, Ryan!

Evan said...

While not as majestic as the Rockies, I think the Appalachians are every bit as beautiful. I loooooove Shenandoah Valley in the fall, that's amazing. I'm glad someone gets to enjoy that stuff...

Congrats on the happy reunion!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys-I finally have your website bookmarked, so I just caught up on you guys. I love your blog entries! You both have a fun writing perspective. When we went to Asheville, the brown rusty water at the Econo Lodge stands out in my memory more than the Biltmore. Isn't that sad! It's fun to read about your explorations of the southeast. Keep 'em coming! See y'all in two months! --Wendy