Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Back Together Again

Yeah! I finished my last day in Virginia last week! I must admit, I didn't work very hard on my last day. I managed to find an empty room to watch an episode of Sex in the City and eat a lot of chocolate cake (a nice co-worker brought to celebrate my leaving). I basically ran out when it was time to go, clicked my heels and didn't look back.

I have enjoyed being jobless in Raleigh. Nesting and name changing. I am finally getting around to becoming a "LINDGREN". I had an excuse that I wasn't in my permanent state of residency to do all the nitty gritty things. I have gotten my NC driver's license. I woke up early, straightened my hair, and drove around looking for the DMV. When finally found and after waiting in line, they told me I needed my marriage license (silly me, I thought the SS card would suffice). Back home and back to the DMV. Not nearly as painful as the California DMV. But for some reason, I didn't want to just make 2 trips to the DMV that day. I left the marriage certificate (something that might be important) and I had to make trip #3. So, I have gotten to know the roads around Raleigh a little better and my name changing process is almost complete.
Ryan and I have been relaxing and enjoying being together. We explored a flea market. Here Ryan is sporting his present from the flea market... a free pink neon sunglasses strap! Ryan's real treat last Saturday was watching BYU play and win their first game this season. He is obsessed! It is fun to have football season back. But I am even more excited for all of my favorite shows to be back on T.V. with new seasons!!!

We have taught our first Primary class (10 year olds) at church. We were pretty nervous about our first class especially since we really don't know much about 10 year olds and the lesson was on the Crucifixion! What a dosey! The kids were darling and the ADHD child wasn't there so we had it "easy". I thought it would be important to establish class rules but they notified me they already had a list. One rule is "No going out the window". It used to be "no jumping out the window" but the ADHD kid made the argument that he was, in fact, NOT JUMPING. It is almost like we are skipping church because we get to go to Primary class and sing songs, do sharing time, and then hang out with 10 year olds. I kind of feel like they are my peers and our best friends in Raleigh, so far. I am already planning dinner dates to Chucky Cheese.

4 comments:

Jared and Laurel said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're loving life, Cheyn! And don't you love it when you can do something silly and pointless for no good reason (like driving to the DMV 3 times) and look at it with apathy, using the old "getting to know the roads" excuse? ahh, if only I could be that patient every day. Good luck with the window jumpers. Oh, and that hot pink sunglass strap!

Trace Gibson said...

Oh yeah, I love reunions...makes me a little teary and excited reading about yours and anticipating ours. Kennedy can't wait to get "Daddy" for Christmas. Keep blogging lots and lots cause we all love to hear you guys' latest news, happenings, and even the crazy dreams! Tell Ryan hi from the Gibsons!

Renee said...

I'm SO happy you are reunited!! I don't know why your separation affected me so...but it did. It looks like you guys are off to a great start at living together again! Flea markets, football, new TV, shenanegans at church...it's like nothing ever changed! Love and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are educating me about blogs. I'm not a hip young tech puppie anymore. Wo is me.

Can I just say how much I'd love you two to teach one of my kids in primary. What a fun couple and a powerhouse teaching team you are. Your primary kids are very lucky to have you. And Chucky Cheese?!? That's our #1 family destination!

So Cheyney, now that the new TV season is officially here, you'll have to keep us posted of your favorite shows.

And congrats on becoming an official Lindgren. Too bad you'll have to spell it for everyone the rest of your life. Did you know it's Swedish for tree branch> Ask Ryan--no lie.

How's your new job? Take care you guys!

Love your favorite sister/in-law,
Wendy