Monday, August 18, 2008

I Can't Wait For Fall, Part 1

I know summer is wonderful. Outdoor events, evening walks, vacations and all that. But around here we (And especially me, Ryan) just can't wait for fall to start. I have three reasons to be extra excited for this fall besides just the leaves changing color:

#3

College football is just the best. Its fun to root for your school and I love the rivalries. The games are just so exciting to watch. I can't really explain why I love college football as much as I do. Being a quasi vegetarian, liberal guy who wore embarrassingly short cross country shorts in high school and not shoulder pads, all I can say is I'm just into it. I love the upsets that are especially a part of the game. Not living in the Intermountain West for years, I still follow the Cougs.

BYU hasn't been hyped this much in over ten years and are picked by most to finish high up in the top twenty five. I have been going to games and following the cougars since I was about this old:
I'll try to keep up with the Cougars out here in the South, and will also have to pay attention to Ridge's Florida Gators, Justin's Michigan Wolverines and Brady and Cheyn's Georgia Bulldogs (I haven't completely converted her to BYU yet). This year I'll catch most of the games on TV but we are flying out to Fort Worth, TX to stay with friends and see BYU play TCU in October. This is going to be awesome as TCU is usually near the top of the conference with BYU. Some say the Cougs will go undefeated this season, I'm thinking they will lose a game or two, but can always hope for an undefeated season. Here is a fun highlight video of BYU football.
Less than two weeks until college football starts....and counting.

6 comments:

Monica Rich said...

Ok, you look exactly the same!

Wendy said...

How fun! I feel ike I should be a Dawg fan, living in the heart of it all, but I'm still a loyal Cougar, if I ever was one to begin with. Hmm, maybe I should learn more about what a touchdown is before I call myself a football fan. It is fun to see everyone so hyped up about it.

Renee said...

Ryan, I'm glad you can see the paradox of you being a die hard football fan. I've never really been able to wrap my head around it. But, I'm glad you've found something that gets you goin' like the cougs do!!

ridgeandjenny said...

Its the thought that your team, however mathematically remote given the Bungled Championship Series and the near parity between many programs, might just be able to beat everyone and win the title. Of course, most of us just want to win ten games and not be embarrassed to wear their teams name (I'm looking at you FSU). But yes, Fall is a glorious time, especially when your team is playing Hawaii, whom lost to a close rival by 4 or so touchdowns last year, in their first game. Oh sweet blowout, I will court you and whisper in your ear,"favor my team, a Gator could eat a rainbow warrior any day". Dont make them cry too hard Florida. Go BYU Cougars!!! And Go Gators!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya Ryan!!! College football season...Second only to Ski season! This year, Aaron and I are going to a Notre Dame game at ND!!!!! This is a dream of mine (cheyney will tell you) The Y is ranked really high, which is awesome, cuz it'll help out the Utes ranking when they beat 'em!!!!=)
Love and miss you guys!!!!

The Burnah Clan said...

love this pic...remember when we blew it up poster size and hung it all over work for the elderly folks to enjoy? oh, did we really do that?