Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Can't Wait For Fall, Part 2

I have three reasons to be extra excited for this fall besides just the leaves changing color:

#2

The 2008 Presidential Election. I love election season. Ever since I was 10, I would follow the election in the fall and then spend election night eating Halloween candy and watching the results.

I have been reading the papers and listening to politics podcasts for months. Cheyn and I talk about the happenings all of the time. Per the national polls right now its Obama by a point, less than the margin of error. But big things are coming!

We get the vice presidential nominee's in the next week, the conventions, and then the debates. Who knows if one of the candidates will blow it, which way will the momentum go? What will be on America's mind in the next few months?

The big swing states look like Virginia, Ohio, Colorado and New Mexico.

I know we have people of different political persuasions that read this blog all you probaly know we're Obama fans. I like his intelligence, dispassion, and charm. I like his progressive ideas on the environment, education, and health care. I think it's time to move in a positive new direction, and think Obama is the man (check out funny video) to do it. At the same time I don't think McCain is all that bad for a Republican, he seems pretty moderate. Also he seems to have a lot of experience being 172 years old and having fought in the Civil War.

Now thats a good looking First Family

So whats your predictions Blog Readers?

Will the Republicans creep back and take the election like they did the past two times? Who will be the VP's? Will your state's vote be especially wooed by the candidates?

All this will be decided this Fall...

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Go McCain!! I'll stop there, so as to maintain my loving relationship with my brother.

The Burnah Clan said...

that video was hilarious

Anne and Darrin said...

Ryan I knew I liked you for some reason. GO OBAMA!I so hope he wins cause it would be really fun to say Obamanomics. Please don't tell anyone in Utah about my political preference I am likely to be banished.

Wendy said...

Go Edwards!!

Unknown said...

Go Obama! I am not so sure about his VP choice? I hope it doesn't hurt him!

Monica Rich said...

Obama all the way, baby.

Julie said...

I am for OBAMA. One of the few and proud of it here in Georgia.

Renee said...

Of course I'm an Obama fan (seems like there are more of us than not reading your blog...that or the McCain lovers are ashamed to admit it? Shy? Don't know how to type?). It's hard to tell the National sentiment up here in Portland where it's uber-liberal and everyone loves Obama. But, I've had a sense in the last few weeks that his momentum is slipping. I'm a little late in reading this post to comment on VP predictions...but I need to do my research to discuss my thoughts of the final result.