Monday, November 17, 2008

Rivalry Week


The final play of the game the last time BYU played at Utah. To hear the U's announcers make the radio call click here

This Saturday BYU heads up to Salt Lake for their annual rivalry football game against the University of Utah. Every year is a big game, but this one matches two nationally ranked top 15 teams. BYU has won the last two meetings and this Saturday is set to be another classic competition.

We'll be watching here in Raleigh at a local sports bar. The wife actually thinks Utah will win, so this post reflects only Ryan's views and is not an official Cheyney and Ryan post.

Right now the Vegas line has Utah winning by four points. Odds are against either team winning three years in a row these days. Utah is ranked #7 and BYU is ranked #14. But the experts are wrong.

Here is my prediction: Utah feels a lot of pressure and has the most to lose in this game. BYU comes out and pulls ahead, deflating the till then undefeated Utes fragile ego's. BYU's offense is great this year, and that means a lot at a place known for their great offense. Utah rallies a little but can't get back. When BYU shows up, magic happens. Final score 33-24 BYU

So what is your prediction?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ryan, that's bold, but sadly probably true =)! It all depends on which Ute team shows up. If they follow suit as they've done in previous years, they'll play below sub-par football. Brian Johnson has the talent, but he's just so unpredictable. I think if Utah's defense steps it up, Utah can pull out a victory 21-14. Good luck, and GO UTES!!!! =)

Jamie said...

Cracks me up when you talk football Ry

Unknown said...

Go Cougs!

Wendy said...

I am actually excited for this game, and you know how much of a football fan I am not! I read that it was going to be shown through Direct TV out here, but when I checked the listings, it wasn't on there. I'll check in on the internet I guess.

I just read that the U's president is a Y grad and the Y's president is a U of U grad.

Go Cougars!

ridgeandjenny said...

I predict that BYU will score at least 42 points and beat Utah by letting them score between 1 and 41 points... Seriously, this game means a lot to BYU and Ute fans. Advantage on the lines is huge so I give that edge to BYU. Also, BYU will be super motivated by having lost already. However, Utah lost last year and that is huge in a rivalry game. I think a fair prediction is 28-24 BYU.

Ryan said...

Well Utah, I was wrong. You Utes won it and outplayed the Cougs. Wait till next year...