Tuesday, December 9, 2008

CTR 8's are GREAT


We had an end of the year party for our primary class. I single-handedly tried to control 11 eight year-olds in a movie theatre while we watched Bolt. It is about a dog (Bolt)with super powers in a T.V. He really thinks he is a super dog and enters the real world and has to learn that he really is a super dog without the special powers. The kids didn't seem to get it because after the movie I asked them how they liked it and they said, "Why did they take away his super powers?" I tried to explain that he never had them but they insisted that he did.
We then shipped the kids to our little apartment for pizza and cupcakes. We soon realized that our place is much too small for 11 kids and spent the rest of the time outside. We have grown to love these kiddos. I get a kick out of the mischievous boys. I asked one what another girl's name was in a different class and he said, "Blob." We will miss them in January.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are brave, and I am sure those kids will remember the fun they had forever.

Luis and Christy said...

OH I hate that I missed helping you regulate your party-- I love CTRing!

Anonymous said...

Lucky kids to have such great teachers!

Nicole said...

you guys are so brave! I thought it was bad when we had 10 contained 10 year olds for a party at our house! You are so ready for kids if you can brave taking that many 8 year olds out in public!