Friday, September 15, 2017

Bruges, Belgium


Only 4 1/2 hours away is one of the most beautiful cities in Belgium.   Bruges is full of canals so we started out with a boat ride.  We loved the buildings, swans, bridges and charm.  













The fanciest McDonald's building EVER



HISTORIC CENTRE





Bell Tower and clock
Bells have rang here since 1604
Today there are 47 bells, together weighing about 27.5 tons
The bells range in weight from two pounds to 11,000 pounds.


Can I just say the waffles really are better in Belgium.  Ryan thinks they put in more butter.
But either way, YUM!




When my parents saw this picture after they told me about when our family went to Bruges in 1989 and took pictures right here with this windmill.  I vaguely remember it.  I love retracing our steps.








No comments: