Friday, July 3, 2020

PARIS Day 2

 First on the agenda was a Fat Tire Tour. We got there early only to find out that we were at the wrong spot. Luckily we figured it out and hustled to the right place. We were fitted to the bikes, Tessa was on a trail-a-bike with Ryan. We were the only ones in the tour and our tour guide was from Austin Texas. We rode on the streets all around Paris, through tunnels, by the Seine, by the louvre and of course starting and stopping with the Eiffel Tower. The boys said that this was the favorite part of the trip. They thought the tunnels were really cool and they raced along the Seine. I tried to get video of them racing while I was still riding my bike. I nearly fell off  but caught myself but still ended up with a huge bruise on my leg. (One to go with the ridiculous one on my upper arm from the massage therapist. I look like a beaten woman.) The tour went from 9-1 pm.

We bustled over to Sacre Coeur. The kids were getting tired and a little grumpy. I really wanted to recreate my childhood trip to Paris where Brady got a characture and Kazie wanted a portrait (that didn’t even look like her). I knew I could ask the kids to do one thing - either hike the Sacre Couer Tower or do a characature. I opted for the tower.
Ryan always checks metro vs walking and if it is like 10 minutes more to walk then we are walking- even if we have already walked 10 miles that day. But I love it and the kids rally, it is a great way to feel the city. We stopped at the Hard Rock to get some shirts for Melissa, Zoe’s mom (Tessa’s kindergarten friend) and then finally made it home.
We were pooped.














No comments: