Monday, June 18, 2007

Westerners on the East Coast

This past Friday and Saturday we had a chance to meet up with friends in the area who are out here in the DC area.
We met up and went to the Alexandria Red Cross Riverfront Festival. Here Cheyney is pictured with two fellow travel nurses from our ward out in LA, Laawna and Sarah.
After walking around, we watched the band "Bowling for Soup" perform. They were OK, but they interrupted their song to talk too much. There was a really nice fireworks display after the show (I wish I had a picture but I was too mesmerized).
We took the subway back and this is the Masonic lodge near the stop where we got on. Ben (Sarah's boyfriend) told me this was George Washington's original lodge. I like how this looks at night. Our friend from LA, Renee used to live around here. She told me a story once (one of her favorites) about how she went sledding next to this lodge in the winter and had an accident. I like this Temple because it reminds me of the LDS one in LA.
On Sunday after church we had Chris and Sarah over for dinner. They were engaged in LA at about the same time as we were. They seem really happy. We had haystacks and yummy desert Sarah made.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Best sledding of all time on the Masonic Temple. No injuries were sustained in the "accidents". They were more like the kind of accidents 4 year olds have...at pre-school.

Trace Gibson said...

Yeah, I've heard you guys are not only "Westerners," but serious California peeps. Branagon said you guys are totally "L.A.ified" and that you've got lots to say about Paris Hilton and everything else. It'd be so much fun if you guys would post newsclippings and rip celebrities apart to make the rest of us laugh and nod. How 'bout it?