Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Freakin' Metal


Yes! This is my brother, Brady. Don't worry, he really isn't this redneck. Just a fun 5 minute phase between haircuts. This is an ode to my brother because he just got back from Russia. This boy is OUT OF CONTROL. In the last 12 months, he has lived and adventured in Santiago, Chile, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, St. Petersburg, Russia and Athens........... well, Georgia.
I just found out that he had a girlfriend while he was in St. Petersburg. Naturally, I dont find this out from him. He is way too secretive. I found it out from mom. She saw him walking hand in hand with a cute redhead (another UGA student). My mother felt very awkward seeing her little boy (23 years old) expressing himself this way. Everything becomes brighter and more significant when one can experience interdigitating in a foreign country. Common sense becomes cloudy because all that is wanted is an enchanted courtship. I had a romance in Russia as well. Eventhough he wasn't Russian but American and not Mormon, I thought he was the cat's meow. We got lost touring the Tzar's village and kissed during fireworks. I thought it would last because he promised to stop drinking and talk to the missionaries. When I got home, I realized he was fat.

Sorry, back to Brady. As you can tell, Brady is full of adventure. I like to think that he is following in my footsteps but he is really in a different league. He used to blow fire. You know, like put gasoline in his mouth and spit it on a torch. He almost died doing it, of course. The flame followed back to his mouth and his body went up in flames. After the fire was out, he decided that it was time to go to bed and stated, "I am a little burnt out." He spent the next day trying to hide his 2nd degree burns from my mom by wearing a hat and only looking at people with his head turned showing his good side. Well, I am not very smart because for Christmas I gave him the belt he is sporting in the picture. It not only has a big gawdy redneck buckle, but also doubles as a lighter.

Brady truly is my kindred spirit. We both have the "Webb Round Face". This is like our gang or caste system because Branagan and McKay have "oval" faces. Anything Brady and I excel at, we attribute to our round face superiority. I just wanted everyone to know that my brother is freakin' METAL!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed the pics you posted. funny thing is, im experimenting between beard and no beard at this moment and im sporting a mustache. i kinda look like the mix between a plumber and a gay mexican..... or maybe a gay plumber.

brady

Renee said...

Aside from Cheyney, Brady is my favorite Webb. And, Cheyney is not technically a Webb anymore...so Brady just jumped to the top of the list! Love the kid...and his SPECTACULAR falls when he unexpectedly ends up on slopes that are a little beyond his level of expertise. He's not only metal...but hard core metal.

Trace Gibson said...

What a great ode to the gay mexican plumber! How cute is that guy? He and Branagan are BOTH invited to court and marry Noelle (if the girl from Russia doesn't work out) Now there's a fantastic blog...can you teach me how to do posts like this?

Jared and Laurel said...

Hey, I think the Athens in Georgia can be a bit of a cultural experience, too. Not that I've been there.
You know what's sad? My son is almost sporting a mini-mullet, too, but NATURALLY because we've been neglecting to cut his hair. If we cut the top and spiked it, it would be like "hello, my childhood at John Johnson Elementary school!" But Jared wouldn't let me turn it into a real mullet, even for the demolition derby last week. sigh.