Tuesday, July 3, 2007

California Hates Us


Have you had a day when all is smooth sailing and then something comes out of the blue and knocks you down? Nope this is not a repeat post. Today was my (Ryan) turn. Bad luck from the State of California comes in twos. Apparently, the DMV will not rest until the Lindgrens suffer adequately. Hubbel called and let me know that a letter had come to Hollywood. The bad news was that my registration was revoked on July 1st.

Somehow the DMV didn't have it in their systems that I have car insurance, which I really do. They contacted me about this in May, I think because I had just switched insurance and their database didn't report my current insurance (which it's suppose to do automatically). They threatened to suspend my registration. I faxed information to show that I had insurance, and relaxed, figuring everything was taken care of.

Of course it wasn't. I spent a few hours frantically calling and re-faxing today so that I can be as close to legal as I can. Everything seems to be working out and things should be cleared up by the end of this week. I am definitely going to follow up on this though. And then I just hope they will leave us alone.

On a brighter note, the Mrs.'s license was reinstated yesterday. We are trying to keep at least one of us legal to drive at all times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is with the state of California and trying to drain as much money as they can out of you guys , since you have moved from there. Why don't the cops concentrate on nailing real criminals. But just remember, you are both loved in Georgia and Utah. And you are both nearly perfect in my book. I must confess it is pretty exciting to read your blog updates. And I feel lucky had to only pay 92 dollars for my last ticket few months ago. I felt I was framed, but not good idea to argue with a cop. But hope Calfornia will leave you guys alone now.
Lots of Love, Mom Lindgren