Monday, July 23, 2007

Mommy Dearest



My mom came out to visit last weekend. I know that I am an established 29 year old that is married, works, pays taxes, and has car insurance but whenever my mom is around suddenly I am a dependent. I think my mom likes to have excuses to still take care of me. While she was here, she payed for my gas, groceries, dinner, movie ticket, and I got to pick out a present when we went to Target (for my good behavior)!!! Kind of embarrassing that I let her do all of that but I absolutely love being taken care of. (sorry, I just ended that sentence with a preposition) I really get the best of both worlds by having her here. We are best friends and talk and laugh for hours and at the same time I get the benefits of her motherly instincts. It was also nice that she got to spend some more quality time with Ryan. We did a lot in the limited time.... D.C. Temple, National Monuments, Harry Potter movie, local sites, shopping, working out, and laying by the pool. She is so much fun! Hurray for still being mommy's little girl!

2 comments:

Jared and Laurel said...

Shame on you for ending that sentence with a preposition!
Oh, I love your mom. I'm jealous you got to see her and we didn't. :)

Trace Gibson said...

Can I just give a little "shout out" for the Mindster? O.K., that was pretty lame, but I WORSHIP your amazing, beautiful, compassionate, kind-hearted, Christ-like Mom...I really wish I could BE her as a wife and mother. LOVE HER!