Sunday, April 13, 2008

Island getaway with the folks

Jekyll Island is off the Atlantic coast of Southern Georgia and used to be the vacation home for the Carnagie's and the Rockefeller's. So, naturally we said YES when mom and dad asked us to meet them their for a weekend getaway. The last time I had been there was when I was 9 or 10 and have a memory of building sand castles with Branagan and Brady.
One of my favorite parts of being an adult is that it is so cool to hang out with my parents. Even though my parents' joints are aging with arthritis, it was difficult to keep up with them. Tennis, bike rides, and beach walks.... oh my!


10 comments:

Monica Rich said...

Looks beautiful. Can we come? :)

Anonymous said...

Your parents are cool.

Luis and Christy said...

I love the picture with you and Ryan -- so cute. Were you guys taking a weekend off from being married or did you donate your rings to planter wart research?

Trace Gibson said...

Gorgeous pictures...the lighthouse and the trees...I miss trees! How awesome are you parents? Your Mom is sweeter than peach pie! You guys are always running around a living it up; good for you! Um, about you being tagged... tick-tock :):):)

The Burnah Clan said...

what is a weeble?

Anonymous said...

Ryan, you're such a handsome man.

Anonymous said...

I love the lighthouse and the georgia spring scenery. No humidity this time of year, I loved the weather at wendy's during my recent visit from utah, no snow! Glad you guys could get together with folks, mindy and I had a fun lunch together in newnan, ga.

Jared and Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared and Laurel said...

You know, not everybody likes to spend time with their parents...only if they're COOL like Stan and Mindy. I still remember your dad teaching me to "move those happy feet" at tennis camp! Ah, good times.
Oh, and I got tagged once and I totally didn't do it. On purpose!You don't have to feel pressured by my sister...Stand tall! hahaha

Wendy said...

What fun what fun!