Friday, October 24, 2008

Battleground Count Down



Eleven days left till election day and we've cast our vote. North Carolina has early voting and we made our desicions official last night. It took about fifteen minutes with no lines at a polling place right next to where I (Ryan) work in Raleigh.

North Carolina is one of the contested states for the presidential election and and also has a Senatitorial Election (Elizabeth Dole is the threatened incumbant) getting some attension. You can't turn around without seeing a sign, hearing an advertisement on TV or receiving a lot of junk in your mailbox. NC has historically been a red state but migration and political sentiment have moved this state into the purple territory. Biden was here yesterday, Pallin earlier this week, and the Presidential Canidates were here last week and I'm sure will be back soon. I missed all the Politicans but I did get to go to a free James Taylor Concert/Obama rally on my lunchbreak on Tuesday.

Can you believe all of the election primaries, pagengentry, and political stuff has been going on for at least a year now without resolution? And now its just time to see what happens. I'm just counting down the days till election. I can't wait to watch the news. I can't wait to hit refresh on the internet to see the updated results. For a political junkie, the 4th is like the super bowl. The presidential winner seems pretty clear in my mind, but which states will go which way ? What will the Senate look like? And what color will the Tar Hill state be on the 4th?

6 comments:

Luis and Christy said...

Oh Ryan I have TRIED to care 1/2 as much as you this year and I can't wait for election day, but mainly b/c I am SICK of hearing political ads every 4th breath. I've tried, I really have. I guess I'll just have to look to you guys to be my political junky friends b/c I just can't get as into this.

the paul said...

Ryan! Ryan Ryan RYAN! I've been wondering where you got to! You look like you're happy and well and going all over the world and stuff.

Where are you at now? What's a good way to get in touch with you?

paul cannon

Sara said...

I liberally love you guys! (For your politics and other reasons.)

the paul said...

The address you gave me didn't work.

Jamie said...

you're funny... things here in Cali are heating up... kinda scared...

Jumping Turtle said...

Ryan. Did you vote for the black guy, or the guy with the big jaw breaker in his cheek?

Cort