Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Busy Weekdends


We have had a couple of great weekends waiting for us on our return from Europe. We made a trip to ATL for a quick visit with Wendy, Justin and kids. We packed in watching the girls cheerlead (Who's gonna rock the house.. Rock it all the way down) and a carnival where Julie, Trevor and Ruby won a flat screen T.V. It was so great to see family and friends that feel like family. It really makes me want to move there.

Then we were off to Wicked. The musical I have been dying to see for years. We finally got tickets in the nose bleed section so it was almost like watching ants perform. It was still amazing and brought tears to my eyes many times because I was so happy to be watching it. Then we had a great time with my folks, the Russians, soul food, and an intercity church.


Fast forward 4 days and we were on a plane to Dallas/Fort Worth for two reasons.
1. BYU TCU game. Most know how this game ended. 7-32! Wrong game for us to attend. Ryan may or may not want to expound on this.
2. Kari and Shaun- (the main reason for the trip) Best friend for many years. We have shared many adventures, too many to name. We got to go to the temple, Texas State Fair, and shopping for fetus Olivia. We are so grateful to them for their hospitality and letting us crash their first year anniversary!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Good times! Ah, I so hope you guys settle down here. You'll love it--we'll never run out of fun things to do and see!

Renee said...

gosh...you sure are a couple on the go! How do you fit it all in? Must be so nice to be DINKS :)

I thought of you guys while we were watching the game. So. Sad. Almost as sad as the Broncos v. Patriots game on Monday...ugh. I think I need to stop watching football. I may be jinxing it!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got to see my (2nd) favorite musical ever! You'll be singing the songs as you do the dishes and shower (I'm not saying you do those 2 things at the same time), just as I have been doing for the past few months :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting: I mostly just change diapers

Julie said...

Super good times! Can't wait for the next time we see you again! Ruby and I snuggle up at night and talk about going camping with Ryan and Cheyney. I guess we better tone it down otherwise Ruby's admiration for Ryan will be so hyped up by the time it rolls around she will be literally paralyzed instead of just speechless :)

Jumping Turtle said...

Ryan has been singing that "I wanna be popular" song for as long as I've known him. He loves that musical. He even puts extra emphasis on the POP in popular just like Elba.

Kari said...

Well, I'm certainly glad that you came down for a vist, even if the game was a disappointment!! We had a great time during your visit, and I have missed you even more since!! love you guys!