Thursday, October 9, 2008

I love Paris in the Fall


Last trip post! Thanks for enduring.

Unfortunately, I cant post pics from this part of the trip because our computer just died.

I got to go to Paris as a kid with my family and with Krista in 2000. One can never get enough of it. What an enchanting city. My dad recommended for us to stay in the motel we stayed in 18 years ago which ended on being 1 hour outside of the city. You dont go to SLC and stay in Toole (unless you are Kari). You dont go to L.A. and stay in Van Nuys. So, it was nice to see the motel for nostalgic purposes but even nicer to get a hotel 2 blocks away from Notre Dame. Shout out to Justin for letting us use his Rick Steves book from 1999. It saved our lives!

We packed so much in in 3 days. I was most excited to go to Versailles. I have read a biography on Marie Annetoinette and was so excited to get to walk in her footsteps. I have walked her entire life from Holfburg Palace in Vienna, Austria (where she was born) to Versailles, the Petite Trianon, and the Hamlet. The Hamlet was an area she had made to look like a peasants village with gardens, water wheel, swans and circular staircases (?). I could have spent all day there as it was a great getaway. The next day we went to where she was held prisoner in Paris, the Conciergerie, during the revolution and Place de la Concorde where they chopped off her head.

We loved Paris and saved tons of Euros by getting a 2 day museum pass so we could do it all. We even kissed under the Eiffle tower (which helped stop a fight or spat). We loved it and wish we had more time in France.

things we did:
Sacre Cure
Notre Dame with climb to top
Arch de Triumph
Champs Elysee
Eifle Tower
Versaille
Luvre
Shakespear's bookstore
Conciergerie
Musee Dorsay
Napoleon's tomb
Rodin museum
Seine river tour at sunset!
Yumalicious food with lots of crepes and nutella

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Dats what I'm talkin' bout. How great to cram in so many sites so quickly.

Interesting history on Marie Antionette.

The Burnah Clan said...

You have had an AWESOME trip! Thanks for sharing...I'm jealous...Hey I TAG you guys...go to my latest post (PASS IT ON!) to accept your challenge...

The Burnah Clan said...

You have had an AWESOME trip! Thanks for sharing...I'm jealous...Hey I TAG you guys...go to my latest post (PASS IT ON!) to accept your challenge...

Anonymous said...

SO JEALOUS!!!! That's all I have to say! Well, that and I love and miss you like crazy...PS Zach is pulling himself up on everything!

ridgeandjenny said...

I knew there would be some mention of crepes in there!! Would Cheyney really be Cheyney if she went to Paris and didn't eat crepes?!? Thank you for cooking your wonderful crepes for us in the past Cheyney! And thanks to both of you for sharing your travels and adventures. We will be sure to do the same in the future.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the photos! How dead is your computer?

Anonymous said...

We saw your europe pictures, they were fabulous! Aunt Pam says thank you for the postcard you sent her of Greece. You are really world travelers. Thanks for letting us travel via your computer pictures

Nicole said...

Sounds like you guys had SO much fun! Europe would be the neatest trip because there is SO much history! you guys have the right idea doing Europe before kids, I can't imagine traveling all over with 2 or 3 kids in tow!!

Renee said...

Awesome!!! Man, that all sounds sooooo wonderful!!