Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Alligators, manatees, and bald eagles OH MY!!!

The day after Thanksgiving, we got to have the Hill family all to ourselves! My dad has been so excited to take the kids (Emilie, Elisabeth, Alexander, and Benjamin) to Wakula springs. It was a great trip and a must do when visiting the South. We saw 12 alligators, 5 manatees, and 1 bald eagle, not to mention tons of other wild life. I will let the pictures speak for themselves!
As you can see, we were pretty dang close. The gator even hissed at Emilie.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I recorded several minutes of the manatees, but it turns out I did the thing I make fun of Wendy for -- paused when I thought I was recording and vice versa. So, I ended up with some skewed footage of Benjamin's diaper change on the boat. Glad you got some good photos.

Anonymous said...

Finally, you've posted a picture of your beautiful sister on your blog. My life is now complete.

I was so impressed with Wakulla Springs. What a cool variety of wildlife. The weather was good, and the company was great! Thanks again!

Trace Gibson said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Wakula Springs! Do they still have a big swimming area that's freezing and scary (since there are ga-gillions of alligators right down the way)??? I thought the glass-bottom boats were even cooler than the "jungle cruise," but they rarely had them working and running. Man, I wish I could hop over and take Adam and Kennedy to see it! How fun for you guys.