Tuesday, November 27, 2007

SWINE TIME and the Harpers

South Georgia is known for its seasonal festivals. Ya'll must have heard of the famous Swine Time, Rattlesnake Roundup and Mule Day. These are big events and we look forward to them all year. Swine Time is the Saturday after Thanksgiving in Climax, GA, population 900. It is a day dedicated to pigs. It has a greased pig catching contest, pig squealing contest, and a chitin eatin' contest. We decided to take advantage of what Swine Time had to offer and started with a 5K for which none of us trained.




Results for our age division:
Ridge: 2nd place

Ryan: 3rd place

Cheyney: 2nd place


McKay: 3rd place


(Don't be too proud of us; I think there were 5 people in each age division)

The Harpers

Jenny and I have been best friends since we were 6 months old. Now she is a mother of 3 beautiful little girls (Shelby, Coby James, and Bay). I love her family so. It is so cool to have a best friend for life.
the thumb suckers .... Look at those friendly chickens!!!

3 comments:

Dora said...

Black socks with sneakers? What's with the grampa look, Ryan?

Jared and Laurel said...

That makes me so happy that you are still in contact with Jenny! What a cute family, too.

Trace Gibson said...

Oh my gosh, I probably would never have recalled that there WAS an actual "Swine Time" or "Rattlesnake Roundup" if you hadn't posted this blog! Hilarious! I've got to laugh with Bobbie about this (in fact I think she was actually in a "Miss Swine Time Peagent" once!). Jenny's so lucky to have three beautiful girls. I want another one (though I wouldn't mind having a little "momma's boy" to be my little boyfriend). How sweet is their little family? Her husband seems to like showing off his legs too, eh? Ooh la la! ha ha