Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Turkey day traditions

This is Cheyney speaking. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is full of family, friends and fun. Ever since I was little, my family, the Barbers, Meyers and Lunts and others have created priceless traditions. Some have fallen by the way side like: camping out the night before, making a video, and sneaking into the Barbers van before they drive away. I guess we have gotten too tired to sleep outside, too old to make a video (always featuring Garrett on the toilet), and too fat to hide in the Barbers Jeep. But many traditions still stand, even though many are married and making traditions of their own. This year we got Ryan's sister, Wendy, and her darling family to be with us. I hope this will be a new tradition.

#1. Turkey Bowl game: Dads vs. Kids
The dads are getting slower but are recruiting married "kids" to be on the their team. This was my first year on the adult team and the first time the dads have won in about 5 years! Ryan made a touch down. I tried to block for the quarterback and caught a 10 yard pass. I was a HUGE contributor to the team.

Look at me with my awesome blocking skills. I call it the RABBIT STANCE.


#2. Bonfire and singing Christmas Carols
The perfect way to end the Thanksgiving day and start the Christmas season. Each year, it is tradition to worry that the bonfire is too big and will burn down the forest and the power lines it is under. We also have to sit super far away because it is too HOT.


#3. Blow Hockey
This is a tradition that I brought back. Totally fun but remember to clean the spit off the table.

#4. The dessert, compliments of Jason and Aunt Michelle

#5. Family, Friends, Fun

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow that rabbit stance photo is awesome!

Renee said...

what fun!! just makes me want to be a Webb even more!

Julia said...

looks like you had an awesome thanksgiving! Love all the festivals they have there...and the crocodiles :)

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe the power lines didn't burn down with that bonfire. Massive is an understatement.

I love looking at all these fun photos! It was great to be adopted into the Webb clan for a weekend. Thanks again!

Jared and Laurel said...

Can we come next year? All we wanted was a football game; all we got was an "Uncle David is weird" experience!

Trace Gibson said...

It's true, Laurel and Jared deserve a good, fun Thanksgiving (it's at their anniversary for heaven's sake!). Looks like it was so much fun! Happy late Thanksgiving from the Gibsons.