Thursday, February 28, 2008

LOST


When we were living in Los Angeles Renee, Evan, Emily, Cheyney, myself and others would meet to watch the latest new episode of Lost. We would usually get take-out of some sort to enjoy with the company. Those were good times. Since then, marriage and/or moving has happened to many of us. There are reports of a group still meeting occasionally in LA.

Were still hooked out here in Raleigh. Another new episode airs tonight and we're really enjoying season four. I'm writing this post to say you should check out lost, and ask a few questions for the fans out there who are watching it:


You Should Watch Lost:

I like lost for so many reasons. I love that episodes answer a question and ask a new one. I love the setting on a tropical Island (Even though filmed in Hawaii, It reminds me of Fiji). The flash- backs are usually quite entertaining. The mystery is fun. They have managed to assemble a lot of great characters and it's addicting.

For those of you who aren't into Lost or haven't got around to it, I encourage you to start. Season one is amazing television, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't watch TV (I'm not saying that because I think I am better than people who do watch TV, at least mostly). Season two is good, season three lags till the end, and season four so far has been awesome. It's worth the time. It's like liking a movie, but the movie lasts for 180 hours....


For Lost fans:

Here are some questions about Lost and what I think might be the answers. If you have a good answer or other questions to think about, post them in the comments:

1.What do you think of the flash forwards?
I think they are genius. I love how the time varies so it keeps you guessing. I keep on trying to fit them into a timeline. I bet you the lost people are going to trick us and have flash forward really be a flashback one of these times.
2. Who was in the coffin at the end of season four?
My best guess is Michael, or maybe Ben. I hope not Sawyer.
3. On that note, when will Michael come back?
I hope soon. He is a good actor, and I like his character.
4. What happens to Claire so that Kate has the baby?
Would they dare kill her off? I think she is left behind.
5. Does Aaron count as one of the Oceanic six, and who are the last one or two?
I think Jin and Sun
6. What is this time warp all about and do you like the new characters?
I like em. I especially like the guy who plays the Physicist. He was great when he played a POW in Rescue Dawn. I like the British Lady too.
enjoy the show tonight!


11 comments:

Emily said...

I agree with you!! LOST is AMAZING this season!! I am loving the flashforwards and have a feeling that most of those who aren't the Oceanic 6 stay on the Island, probably not by their choice. My biggest question is why are they lying about what happened? Such a mystery!! I miss having LOSTFEST with you guys so much!!

Ryan said...

I think they lie to protect some of the losties left behind and an agreement was made with either Ben's group or the boat people. I can't believe how into all this I am. I feel like a trekkie for Lost or something right now.

Wendy said...

Ever heard of House?

courtney said...

in the final, desperate days of the writers' strike i actually watched the first 3 episodes of lost online, having never before been interested but feeling that my body required new scripted television. i really enjoyed them and thought i'd keep on chonking, but was then told by some friends who love lost that i should stop right there and wait till the whole thing has concluded so that i'll never have to suffer the pain of waiting for answers. what do you think about this advice? is the wait really that excruciating?

Renee said...

Oh man, I have sooo much to say about all of this!! I'm not going to try to cover everything here...

First, I miss LOSTfest soooo much. I can hardly stand it. I love the flashforwards, and you're right Ryan, I love how it messes with time. I think Claire died...there's no other way she'd let Aaron go. And, I think that maybe Jack had something to do with people dying...and that's why he doesn't want to go over and see the baby (not because he thinks it's sawyers). I also think the guy in the coffin was ben and no one went because everyone hates ben. I can't wait for michael and walt to come back. I wonder if the time warp thing was introduced so they can bring walt back and it won't be weird that he's so much older. I wonder if they are going to count ben as one of the oceanic 6? Since he made it back, maybe he took someone's identity, someone with no friends or connections?

I'm going to stop there...I could go on and on. Courtney, I watched all of season one on DVD and thought it was a fantastic choice. It's very fun and the storyline makes a lot of sense that way. But, I also think the suspense is sort of fun. Plus, you have a LOT of shows to watch before you get to the point where you have to wait for the next episode. So, you could pace yourself...I'm not making any sense anymore. Hing American Idol is distracting.

Ryan said...

Wendy-
If only I could stand the blood.

Courtney-
Just watch season one when you have a week. Its the gateway to addiction

Renee- That makes sense with Jack letting people down somehow. I hadn't thought of that. Regarding Aaron, does he have Down Syndrome?

Last night was an OK episode that got better as it went. Time travel got explored more. The Russian ship reminds me of one Cheyney and I rode to an island for a day and a half while on our honeymoon in Fiji. The Desmond thing was cool, and I just like the Physicist.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Evan said...

Like Renee, I can't even cover all that I have to say about LOST, and this season in particular.

The Oceanic 6 kills me, too. Is Sayid even counted? Considering he is working for Ben (sort of) I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't. We'll see.

The casket is an awesome mystery as is Jack's desire to go back afterward. I love the time mystery.

And the Desmond-Penny scene from Thursday was the single best LOST scene I have ever watched I think. I love Des. I'd name my first son after him if The Wife would let me... and if Desmond wasn't a weird name...

Luis and Christy said...

This is the site I was telling you about: http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

Visit it in good health.

Monica Rich said...

Here are my thoughts:

1. I think that Desmond, Ben, and Aaron all make it off but are not counted as members of the 6, since none of them were on the flight manifest.

2. It's Ben in the coffin. The sub and all of the passports and money lead me to believe that he has been on and off the island this whole time. Once the "six" are off, they have to lie about the other survivors to protect them as some sort of twisted agreement with Ben. We know Sayed ends up working for him -- maybe they all do. This is the only way I can explain their willingness to lie. Once he is dead, however, they are free to go back -- as Jack proposes to Kate in the final episode of season 3.

3. Who knows what happened to Claire! Remember Desmond's "vision" of her getting on the helicopter last season? Maybe she was just getting on to hand over Aaron. Maybe she makes it to the boat but doesn't survive the trippy brain/time thing. Or maybe Aaron is going to be her "constant" in the future so she will survive it. Who knows!

And I think "I'm Courtney" received excellent advice -- wait two more years and then watch the whole thing start to finish. I wish I had!

Unknown said...

Evan Sayid is counted as one of the Oceanic six. I do like the name Desmond

Monica I like your surety in Ben being in the coffin. It seems like the six are lying-part out of protection or agreement-for Ben or the Boat people. There seems to be two factions.

If any of you are into it,here are some hints or leaks to the press and info about new episodes. check out what episode 8 is about if you want a little preview...
http://www.spoilerfix.com/lost.php