Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Goodbye Grandpa

On July 11th my Grandfather Keith Webb passed away. It was a shock to have him all of the sudden gone. I will miss him. He was a pretty distinct guy with a good sense of humor. He was a genius at computers, an altruistic man and helper with his family and the Church. I'll miss his calls and forwards. I'll miss arguing about politics with him. I hope to see him on the other side, with Grandma who passed away two and a half years previously. Here is a picture of him when he was in Alaska last year.




I flew into Utah from the 15-20 for the funeral. All of us kids left our spouses/most of their kids back home and had an impromptu family reunion. It was fun for us kids to revert about 10-20 years each when we were around each other. Mostly it was just good to see each other. In tough times I am refreshed to have such a supportive and great family, even if we're all a bit of a stubborn lot.

5 comments:

Monica Rich said...

I'm so sorry, Ry. Your family is in my thoughts.

Unknown said...

It is so great to be with family at tough times. I am sorry about your grandpa.

Julie said...

Our hearts are with you guys!
The Thompsons!

Luis and Christy said...

We are still thinking about you. Grandfathers are special people.

ginny said...

So sorry about your G-pa Ryan, but must admit I thought this was Cheyney's post until I got to the bottom and saw the pics. Are you guys related other than through marriage?! How scandalous...