Friday, July 18, 2008

Love Letter


I am going to share some intimacies from our marriage but first I need to give you a little back ground knowledge. When I went to Las Vegas for a long weekend, I was a little apprehensive to leave Ryan and wanted to make sure he knew I would miss him. I wrote him a sweet note explaining how much he meant to me, put pillows under a made bed (to act as my body), drew a picture my face with my eyes closed and put it at the top (so he wouldn't miss me). I also bought him a present he has been coveting since camping Memorial Day weekend.... a Bocce ball set.

So, Ryan has left for SLC this last week and felt he needed to return the favor. Right before he left he got out a piece of paper and pen and asked ME to help HIM write HIS love note to ME.

Ryan: How should I start it?
Me: With all my nicknames
(he made up new nicknames for me on the spot like Monkey Head and Sleepy Girl)
Ryan: Then what?
Me: Tell me that you dont want to be away from me and that you will miss me.
(Ryan writes exactly that)
Ryan: Then what?
Me: Tell me you will buy me things when you are gone and that you have enclosed money.
Ryan: Oh, it is coming to me now...
(At this point Sarah McLaughlin's Will You Remember Me is playing in the background)

Yep, you guessed it. He wrote out the lyrics-
"I will remember you. Dont let your life pass you by. I'm so tired, I cant sleep. I will remember you."

He ended the love note with a P.S. I have enclosed 1000 imaginary dollars.

Gosh, I love that guy. He knows just when and how to make me laugh.

8 comments:

Evan said...

I love that guy, too... but not in that way... not that there's anything wrong with that...

I'm glad you guys blog. If I haven't said it already you inspire us to make the most of our time wherever we are. You just seem to have a lot of fun.

Wendy said...

Y'all are such a cute couple! Thanks for sharing him for the week--he really brightens up the room, wherever he is.

Rumor has it you guys may be down for Labor Day?!?! Yahoo!

Stephanie said...

Love that story, but I really love the picture you posted. Too cute!

Luis and Christy said...

Cute cute cute. Welcome back Ryan. I know Cheyney missed you, although to get those 1000 imaginary bucks it was probably worth parting with you for a few days!

Trace Gibson said...

Oh my gosh, too too cute. Isn't being married the BEST??? Whenever single friends complain to me about dating drama and muckity-muck I quietly sigh with gratitude. How insanely perfect is it to be "together forever" with our favorite man in the world? I'm so happy for you Lindgrens! Oh, and p.s., I know I'm the biggest "slacker blogger"...I'll get to it one of these days!

ridgeandjenny said...

Ryan, if I could get into your blog, I would edit that picture of you and draw on devil horns. That is the best, "look at me, I am a naughty little man" look I have seen. I'm sure that Cheyney misses you. I miss you Mr. #2 on my hetero man-crush list (after Matt of course, or Tom Selleck, its close).

Renee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee said...

You sure do have an adorable hubby. I sort of wish I would have taken him up on his offer for a free chibatta at Jack 'n' the Box now.