Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things I Love About Utah # 1

Utah has great bowling. Every time I am there I love to go bowl a couple games. My favorite bowling alleys are the Ritz Classic and Olympus Hills lanes. Here are Four reasons why bowling is great in Utah:

1. Utah is a clear air act state so you don't have to worry about smoke bugging you and getting you off on your game.

2. The floors are well oiled and the bowling balls are great. In Raleigh, at the bowling alley by my house, the balls are so chipped that you feel like you are bowling an asteroid. And you can never find the right size.

3. So cheap. Under three bucks a game in the daytime per game per person. Also Ritz classic had special all you can bowl deals some days.

4. Usualy there are not a lot of people there so you have your space.

Last Friday my brother Jeff, My Mom, and I went bowling. And here emerges the primary reason I am posting:


I am R and the previous loss to my Mom in May has been avenged. This is my all time high and has been documented and provided for you internet viewing pleasure. If this social work thing doesn't work out for me, I may be on my way to a new career.


PS Here is a video my brother sent me from bowling where I'm already talking smack.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm so proud to know you.

Renee said...

Impressive...but I still wouldn't quit the day job. Wouldn't you miss all the crazies? Social work does provide for some entertaining stories. But, I suppose bowlers do too...on second thought, you might fit right in!

Luis and Christy said...

I love that you can never be too old to brag about whomping up on your poor mother -- bowling brings out the savage in us all!

Luis and Christy said...

Oh, and PS, next time I want to beat you in bowling I know NOW to have us play right next to the people hacking because of chain-smoking -- always good to know how to get someone "off their game". Does this work for Rage too?