Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jenny, Kristy, and 5 dogs.... oh my!

My bestest friend, Jenny, and her sister, Kristy, stayed over Friday night on their drive from New Jersey to Georgia. Jenny and Kristy are "animal lovers". I grew up with Jenny taking care of all the lost, sick and maimed wild life. At any time she would be rehabilitating squirrels, owls, baby deer, rabbits,and ducks. Her sister Kristy volunteered for the Humane Society which might have been a mistake. She has adopted all the dogs. Two of which have diabetes (dogabetes) and need daily insulin shots. One is even blind. Our little apartment survived a night with 5 dogs. Good thing they were all small, pretty sweet, and entertaining. The entertainment came from Maggie (the blind one) banging into walls (we are evil). It was totally worth it to see Jenny and Kristy, but I dont think we will be getting any dogs soon.
Can you find all 5 in the picture? Maggie, Indiana, Buddy, Gizmo, and Kalem

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are evil, laughing at a blind dog, he he he =)...I thought it was crowded when I had 3 dogs, but hosting 5, yikes!!!

Julie said...

Absolutely incredible. No dogs for us either. poor ruby.

Luis and Christy said...

Ah, Jenny looks just the same! 5 dogs... I can barely survive 2!

ridgeandjenny said...

Yes, 5 dogs, my new living mates. It seems very funny until they come to your house and stay indefinitely. Cheyney, you were even there when Jenny was saving this lost, sick, and maimed animal (me). And Ryan, standing there with folded arms and I am sure a forced smile... welcome to my constant world of dog hell for a night. Seriously, you guys were unbeleivably awesome to do that for my girl. I really cannot thank ya'll enough for putting up with that. I'll kiss you both on the cheek for it in September, hopefully in front of the Beluga Whales or maybe penguins.