Friday, August 28, 2009

Peachtree City Triathlon

Taylor, Jamie, April Giddens

End of Race with Ruby and Julie
Hill kids sacrificing their Saturday morning to cheer us on

So, I am a little slow at blogging about the triathlon last weekend. It was a good race that I am happy to have behind me but look forward to doing again. The scariest part for me is the swim. I am scared of cold water and being kicked in the face which neither occured. And I didn't run into any water moccasins, which is always a plus. The biking was not my favorite mostly because my bike is ghetto. I was tired of every person passing me and saying "on your left." Thanks for rubbing it in! Next time I will invest in a road bike; hopefully, that will help. I was a little slower on the run this go round. But all in all, it was a good race. The highlights were seeing Ape and Jules in the race (getting pinched on the bum as they passed me) and having friends and family cheer us along.

It was so much fun hangin' with the Giddens. Everytime I leave them, my face hurts from laughing. Taylor was kind enough to spend the entire race taking pictures. 

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Woot woot! You were awesome to watch, Cheyney. YOu're a powerhouse! Now that you've swam with water moccasins, you can do anything.

JSLindgren said...

So inspiring. Come visit us next August and we can do the YMCA Family Triathalon. My kids missed out doing it this year and I have yet to attempt a purposeful swim.

Smart said...

Awesome! You ROCK!