Friday, August 14, 2009

Tap dancing


After a 16 year hiatus, I have decided to take a tap dancing class. (Cheyney speaking.... not Ryan. HA)

I went to my 2nd class last night and I love it. I remember the good ol' days when I first was exposed to tap as an orphan in the play Annie. I was 12. We learned a little tap number for "Your never fully dressed without a smile." After that, I took lessons from Miss Amelia.
My biggest influence was probably Traci, who was a real tap dancer. On the weekends, we would make up tap dances to Beatles songs and the Pretty Woman Soundtrack. I still remember the routine. I think we were dorks and would preform it at church dances.

Since I have such fond memories, I thought why not beef up on those old skills. I hope I can be like Ryan's grandmother who is in her 80's and still clogs!

5 comments:

The Reillys said...

I was just talking to Patrick about wanting to tap again. Wish we could do it together; that would be the best. Let me know how it goes.

Jamie said...

Good for you... a couples class would be fabulous for future blog posts.

Trace Gibson said...

Oh my gosh, how AWESOME! Tap is definitely the best way to go, right? After watching "So you think you can dance?" I wish I could jump in and take the class with you. How funny and embarrassing that you mention me though..."DORKS" is RIGHT!!!! ha ha good times. Adam still makes fun of me all the time because he saw a old home video of me doing a presentation for 4-H or something..."If you're ADVANCED like ME..." bah-hah! I hear that phrase quoted all too often. I do teach an aerobics class called "Zumba" though, which has a little salsa, hip-hop and such. You go Cheyney! Do some tapping for me too!

Julie said...

Ruby loves Annie and always is "tapping" in her dress up shoes. You are so cool Cheyney! Remember to tell us when you have a show or recital!

Nathan Jones said...

Come one ryan, there is no shame in tap-dancing. You can put your name to the post.

-Nathan