Sunday, August 9, 2009

Smoky Mountains Trip

This past weekend we drove to western North Carolina to meet our friends, the Thompsons, and enjoy the outdoors. We shared a posh cabin.
Here is a view of the sunset from the deck:We delighted in having cute little Ruby around on the trip. Here is Cheyney showing her future parenting skills:
The next day went went up to Smoky Mountains National Park and hiked on the Appalachian trail for about 8 miles. We met Trevor and Ruby at the end.
Along the trail we saw a lot of wildflowers...
And berries. We also saw some black bear poop on the trail, which I decided against recording. Bears don't digest berries well.
It was wonderful to be up in nature and be around good friends.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Take me home...

By the way, many seeds are "built" to have to go through the digestive tract of an animal before germination.

Funny...my distance on the hike is like that trout I caught fly fishing. It was 8 and then 9 then 9.5 and now I think I actually said I hiked 10 miles. Better get back to reality :)

Thanks for good times, good friends, good food. You are both the best! the thompsons heart the lindgrens

Unknown said...

pretty fancy stuff for you Ryan! Sounds fun!

Patrick and Logan said...

Wow! That is where I want to be! Great scenery and company. So fun!

Jamie said...

I totally dig you posh cabin!

Wendy said...

pretty!

Nicole said...

Sweet shades dude! Love em. You look like a super trooper. I saw your mom and dad the other day at my dads retirement/60 yr b-day party. They are looking good. As usual, looks like you two are playing and havin a good time.