Saturday, August 1, 2009

The West Wing

Ryan and I have just finished 7 seasons of The West Wing. It was 115 hours completed in 5 months. Lots of T.V., I know. Thank heavens for our subscription to Netflix. It was always a good day when we got a disc in the mail. I was never interested in it several years ago when it was on. When I lived with my grandma, she would watch it and I thought all it was was people walking down halls talking quickly. Oh, there is so much more.
Now that it is over, I feel like high school graduation. The old gang will never be together again. To say it lightly, I was obsessed. What a great series! It was intelligent, fast paced, thought provoking, clean, and with filled with dry humor. The characters are flawed but you grow to love them all. Now I feel like I am an expert in politics and working for the President. When things happen in the real world, I think "that is just like in the Bartlett administration when...." I think I may be going through withdrawals.

5 comments:

Monica Rich said...

I know your pain. After Adam and I finished the series a while back. I felt like I had lost friends. Where would I be without Toby and C.J.? I used to forget that Pres. Bartlett wasn't actually our Commander in Chief.

If only they still made TV that great!

Steve said...

Congratulations on watching all of that TV. Hope life is treating you well.

Jamie said...

I've been doing the same thing, not with that series, but with others. I highly recommend 'Chuck" if you haven't seen it yet.

emily, etc, etc said...

That was funny. Maybe Scott and I will have to give it a try.

courtney said...

oh, i miss the west wing so much! i just can't commit to all the netflix time, but i keep waiting for cable to throw me a bone and start the reruns back up? c'mon, bravo, enough with those housewives already.