Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas In Utah Part 1

We wanted to catch the blog up on the Christmas/Holiday break. We flew out to Salt Lake City on Christmas Eve. We spent that evening with Cheyney's family and extended family.

Christmas day we were with my (Ryan's) parents. We woke up and opened our presents after a goods night rest. The first time Cheyney and I were at my parents in 2006 (when we were engaged) Cheyney went swimming in the wrapping paper. This year my Mom took the dive
Here is a picture of the parents from the morning I especially liked. (Wendy, I was able to get the picture right side up!)

Christmas is a time you miss family that are no longer with you. It was strange not to be able to visit my Mom's parents on Christmas like I always did as a kid. My grandpa died last year and my Grandma a few years before. I miss those who have passed but am grateful for those still with us. Thankfully we were able to go visit my Octogenarian Grandma Lindgren who is a hoot. She is sharp, charming, and funny. Here we are going to say hello late Christmas morning


After a good visit we went to see Sherlock Holmes and convinced Grandma to come along. I think a few of my grandmas quotes summed in up, "This is not the Sherlock Holes I remember" and "This is more of a Halloween type movie." She was a great sport to sit through it with us, not complaining one bit.

After that we went out to eat and then we spent the rest of the day with the family napping and relaxing by the fire.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I never thought you looked like your mom until the picture of her smiling, swimming in wrapping paper. But now, I do.

JSLindgren said...

Wise Grandma Lindgren will guide me with her movie critique. I'm not fond of scary, horror, Halloween movies. I can easily hear her voice commenting on Sherlock Holmes!

Wendy said...

Hey Bird--I think Jamie is trying to tell you that you look like a girl.

Thanks for showing us your non-retarded skill of including a right-side-up photo. You are so special.

I love the video of Grandma Lindgren! I think about G&G Webb all the time--we had such a great childhood with them and strong family traditions.