Friday, September 18, 2009

Home Alone



On Monday,Cheyney left for a cruise in California and Mexico with her Mom, Sister, and Aunt. I have spent this past week back here in Raleigh. I was kind of wondering how this week would go down but I've tried to stay busy and reverted to the bachelor life. I managed to read a couple books while she was gone: The new Dan Brown Novel (contact me if you want a review), and Nudge on libertarian paternalism and choice architecture in public policy.

My time alone has given me a time to enjoy my bad habits. I haven't made the bed for five days. I make sure the air conditioning is really cold. I leave the toilet seat up. When I jump out of the shower I get water everywhere on purpose. I also listen to Christmas music because its forbidden in our house till the Holiday Season. I'm doing all the things that might get me in trouble. But much like Kevin McCallister, I've learned a lesson and thankfully no robbers have tried to invade the apartment.

I do miss my wonderful wife. She really does bring a joy to my life and I'm so happy I get to spend most every day around her. She is such a great woman. So Cheyn comes back tonight, and I can't wait to see her!

3 comments:

The Burnah Clan said...

ahh, poor you. Glad your wife is home. Hey, just saw a Peter Brienholt concert (front row) and he made fun of our generation...haha...we are old!

Jamie said...

When LaMont is at work, I put the air conditioning way down, then about the time he should be coming home, I turn the dial back to 80 (ick). :-)

Haqon said...

awesome - it is nice to get a chance to break the rules