Monday, September 21, 2009

Hypnotized



One of the nights on the cruise, there was a hypnotist as our evening entertainer. I have always been curious of being hypnotized and have never seen a show. McKay was eager to go on stage to try it out. It was very easy to get on stage, as not very many people were volunteering, so without over analyzing or even thinking about it, I jumped up too. Then I was worried, what if I lose control and wet my pants. I really should have gone to the bathroom before.

He started out with the elimination process. I was not being put under but did feel relaxed. I did not want to be banished from the stage or leave McKay. Before I knew it, it was too late. I was stuck on stage doing whatever he told me. I felt like it was peer pressure to make everyone think I was under. So, I used my acting skills which apparently are not so good because at one point I was laughing at the lady next to me. She was totally over acting. She was freaking out and fell on me. I moved my legs so she would fall to the floor. I also noticed McKay was doing some pretty good fake crying when he told us that we were watching a REALLY SAD movie.

So, in all, he had us acting cold, smelly, sad, scared, swatting flies, smelling other people's shoes, catching fake money, being covered in poison ivy, and falling back asleep. My favorite was the end when he had a guy dance like Michael Jackson to Thriller. We were his back up dancers and were supposed to be Hunchback of Notre Dame. As I walked by McKay, she swatted me on the bum. She is a good actor too.

6 comments:

Andrea B said...

That is so funny! I wish I could've seen your performance! If it was anything like Thanksgiving videos I know the audience was entertained!

Heather said...

Too funny!

Nicole said...

so funny! i have always wondered if the people are really good actors!

Evan said...

When I was a freshman in high school I was hypnotized, and my 'part' was to think I was Tom Cruise. I signed an autograph (actually signing "Tom Cruise") while wearing high heels that belonged to the girl sitting next to me.

Jared and Laurel said...

I am VERY disappointed neither you nor McKay wet your pants. However, I am SO proud of your acting skills..."Give a little whistle!"

Kari said...

I always wondered if it really worked! Sounds like you all had a blast on your trip! Definatly a repeat trip!