Saturday, September 12, 2009

Shoplifters of the world unite and take over

Ahhh. I was such a huge Smith's fan. I (Cheyney) must confess to accidentally shop lifting. How can you accidentally shop lift you might ask? Well, leave it to me to pull it off not once but TWICE.

Incidence #1.
Site: Ross Dress for Less
Item: Black Shrug

I had just tried on a few items and left them with the lady at the dressing room. I was interested in the black shrug, but I decided to first check at another store. Because I don't carry a purse, my hands were full with keys, phone, sunglasses and wallet. As I slowly walked out of the automatic doors, I felt something swinging in my hands and looked down. I hand just walked out with the black shrug on the hanger.

I gasped and ran back into the store. There was no alarm but the security guard saw the whole thing and was about to yell after me. I was so embarrassed and baffled that I told him "I have never done that before!" Like I needed to prove to him that I was an honest person. I don't think he was concerned because it was so obvious with my sneaky skills.

Incidence #2.
Site: Accupuncture office
Item: The visit

I thought I would try some holistic medicine and see what all this fuss is about accupuncture. I went once a week for a month. It was very interesting as she did many things that were a little confusing to someone who strongly goes by evidence based research. I actually found my visits very enjoyable. I became very relaxed as the little needles attached to an electric current sent jolts through my body. So relaxed in fact, I totally fell asleep like with drool and wrinkles on my face. She woke me 45 minutes later. I was so groggy and confused that I walked right out of the office WITHOUT paying. About 10 minutes later I got a call from the office. I didn't even realize what I did until I got the call.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I did that too!! When I was in 6th grade I was in the Disneystore with friends and I had been looking at a pack of Lion King trading cards and forgot to put them down before walking out of the store. It was about half an hour later when I realized I still had them in my hand, and I was so mortified that instead of taking them back to the store as I should have I dropped them in a planter and ran away.

Jared and Laurel said...

Nice sneaky skills!

Wendy said...

Cheyney -- the first step is admitting, Klepto!