Sunday, June 29, 2008

Primary Party

This past Saturday we had our primary class and some of their siblings over for a water party near our apartment. We have to thank Christy, a professional kid rustler/elementary teacher for coming down and helping out.

We played six games:

1. Fill the empty bottle on someones head relay
2. Water balloon toss.
3. Over/under with a sponge and fill up the bucket relay
4. Hole in the cup on your head relay
5. Shaving Cream spray off contest
6.Water jump rope

After that we had Pizza and Popsicles. At that point all of the kids decided to chase after the male authority figure. I was able to get some pretty good water balloon hits on some of the kids, but I think the fact that I had no dry part left on my body afterwards means they won.

Here are three videos we took. I apologize now for my loud laughing.



10 comments:

ridgeandjenny said...

I don't even have to be a kid to want to chase you with a water baloon, Ryan. It sounds like good, clean fun. If it would make you laugh out loud like you did on those videos then I would do it. You guys are gonna put Jenny and I to shame as parents. I just hope Little Milly doesn't mind getting hit in the face with water baloons!

Julie said...

How fun! What great teachers you are! Make sure to invite Ruby to the next party- she might even come :) She is always headed somewhere :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks like fun! What great primary teachers invite them over for extracurricular (sp) activities!

Renee said...

sad...the videos are no longer available :( I can only imagine the reasons why...

Ryan said...

video's should be working.

Luis and Christy said...

What a super group picture -- of course, you and Cheyney steal the show in my book!

Wendy said...

What up with you and Cheyney making out at the party?!?!

Looks like a great party. Come to my neighborhood and be the hit of the block.

You guys are such great teachers. Looks like the primary boys are quite outnumbered. Poor guys.

Jamie said...

Ha! Funny to hear your UNIQUE laugh again! Looks like you guys had fun :-)

Jessica said...

That group picture is priceless. Simply priceless. :)

Jeffery Tessem said...

Hi Ryan,

I found your blog from Nate Jones blog. He and I (and Jared and Nate Hill) were roommates before you moved in. I met you soon after you got home from Fiji when Jared would refer to you as "little brother". My family and I are living in Durham. Anyway, I have had fun looking at your blog. I gather that you are a social worker? Take care,

Jeff Tessem