Thursday, June 26, 2008

Blogs We Heart

We've had our Blog for a while now and I have to say I like writing and sharing pictures and such, but I love reading all of our friends and families blogs. We set up a Google Reader and I (Ryan) am always checking the haps on all of you soon after you write it. If I comment too much, I apologize, but I sure do like checking in on all of you and let you know that we are thinking of you.

I want to post on some of our Blog friends and what they are all about. These are all the blogs we link to on here. Lots of fun topics are addressed and lots of great friends let you know whats going on with them. So hopefully this post will give you readers something fun to look at if you feel like browsing co-friends, acquaintances, or strangers.

LA Connected Bloggers:
Cathrine is Cheyn's former roommate and is in LA and substitutes in the ghetto while she also works doing creative LA type stuff.

Courtney is living the bohemian life in San Fransisco now and writes about how lovely life is when she does post.

Dora hasn't written as much as she should since returning from France, but her recent blog recommendations gave me the idea for this post.

Shaun loves old people. I mean really loves old people. He lives in a rest home.

Jbeany has more friends than anyone with her humble and fun personality.

La Dolce Vespa is the adventures of high powered lawyer and her scooter in LA. Her wit and erudition is legendary.

Paul and Rachel got married on the same day as we did and are moving to the Northeast. They are taking time off right now to travel everywhere. Paul was my old tennis partner in LA, but has moved on to a better partner.

Sara loves trees, splits her time in India and LA and just took some pretty pictures of the motherland.

Renee is a force of nature. She's up in Portland now and everyone loves her and can't wait for her next post (she has the most subscribers of anyone persons blog we subscribe to.)

Paternity Pants blogs about politics, his noble battle with obesity, and the culture shock of moving to Waco,Texas.

These folks all started New Blogs recently and are worth a look:
Ann and Darrin Cheyney's friends (and now mine too, hopefully) from College.

Christine, my old boss and friend just got married to Bob and they are on a summer odyssey thought the US. I love keeping up on their travels. They just hit Carlesbad Caverns and the best water park in the world.

Suzanna is a friend we met in Raleigh. Please post again!

Cheyn and Jamie are long time friends since Cheyn started going out to Utah.

These folks are Invitation Only. And You're missing out.
The Rich Family blog is wonderful. Mrs. Rich is always writing sweet and thoughtful things about her family. Both she and her husband were awesome missionaries that I taught at the MTC before they went to Fiji. They have been great friends to me since then.

Brett and Jessica are Cheyney's family and I don't have access, so your guess is as good as mine about what theirs is about. What are they hiding?

Emily's Adventures as a camp counselor in Maine have just begun. Rumor is she'll stop by here on her way back to LA.

Southern Bloggers:
Christy grew up with Cheyney and they reunited in Raleigh. She blogs on the baby in her belly, Cheyney, Her Husband, and Filipino prisoners.

The Harpers just started blogging and seem to be as great in the virtual world as they are in real life. Cheyn grew up with Mrs. Harper and we took a vacation to Charleston with them a few months back. What a wonderful family and fun to get updates on Ridge's loves

Justin and Wendy have been in the South long enough to be true southerners right? BBQ, keeping up with their kids or pictures from trips to the beach or elsewhere can be found on their sites. Also blogging helps Wendy get some of the attention she could never get as a middle child growing up in the Lindgren household.

Bloggers I met in School:
Nathan and Lindi are big in Japan. They need to move back here sometime. Nate is my old roommate from the Y. The video of the super slide they found is one of my favorite postings ever.

Chelsy is a friend from Ricks, the Y, and work (at the nursing home). See has excellent art and music and often posts about her children and Mom stuff among other things.

Jame is a cherished friend of ours that I met at BYU who has two cute kids and blogs sometimes when I demand her to.

Emily and Boyd are raising a family on New York's Upper West Side. Lately they are trying to get back in touch with their country upbringing. Em and I moved from Provo to New York about the same time.

Laura was my next door neighbor at the Y. The AP of her dreams is in Law School and she's raising a happy family.

Sarah is a friend from Columbia whose now saving children lives in San Fransisco instead of New York, Romania, or Africa.

Other Great Blogs
I have met Laurel and Traci a few times in Utah they grew up near Cheyney.

The Extended Lindgren family keeps a blog where new cousins, nephews or nieces an other relatives are reported bimonthly. And this is also where my Clogging Grandmother Blogs.

Matt tolerated me as a companion and has been rewarded with a happy family and life in Texas.

So thats our Blog roll. Hopefully we didn't miss anybody. Thanks everyone for letting us keep up with you and your lives!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

What a great idea for a post! Glad to know who everyone is now on your blog. I highly recommend making a blog list with Blogger.

So, I loved your description of why I blog. I'll have to reuse that on my blog and pretend I'm witty enough to come up with that.

Funny about your companion tolerating you, and also about Cheyney's relatives with secrets! Too funny.

Monica Rich said...

So, Ry...why am I "Mrs. Rich"? Do you remember that I am only a year older than you?

And Em lives on the Upper West side. Sheesh!

In any case, thanks for saying nice things about my blog and including us even though we are private. We are only private because I don't want psycho strangers reading about the intimate details of my children's lives.

We miss you. Come visit soon. We need a nacho & Clean Flix night.

Ryan said...

Fixed the side from East to West. oops. AS for why I call you Mrs.Rich, It's a southern respect thing. Your not old though you do have a mortgage now...
Miss you too Mon

I can understand why some people keep there blog password protected.

The Burnah Clan said...

yay, I'm on here too!

Unknown said...

You must have changed the Upper East to Upper west! It is very much appreciated as there is a "big" difference.:) What a great post!

Luis and Christy said...

I don't know how you have time for a job with all of these blogs you have to monitor... maybe you should look into early retirement or seeing patients in your home???

Shaun R. said...

Google reader is great! I looked at the trends section. Out of the blogs I subscribe to, y'all post the most frequently. In the last 30 days you have averaged .5 posts/day.

Jamie said...

cute idea, thanks for including us :-)

Laura said...

I loved it Ryan! It is fun to read your funny twist on everyone's happenings. Paul definitely is the AP of my dreams!

Renee said...

Thanks for the shout out Ryan (and for posting that I have the most subscribers...I tried to slip it into a post of my own but couldn't do it without sounding to arrogant...pish posh). Also, NEVER apologize for commenting too much. I LOVE comments!! Again...the arrogance kicking in :) It's so fun to get your perspective on all the bloggers in the sphere. I particularly liked your description of EvRo!!

blinnsanity said...

Hi Ryan and Cheyney! Thanks for posting great comments on our blog and glad you are aware of our travels through Utah. Pretty great place you got here!
ryan, your blogging insight and tenacity are commendable. I guess cheyney does most of the posts on yours b/c you are very busy reading a few dozen others!
Christine and Bob

Evan said...

Seriously, nice plugging! And it looks like I need to read more blogs.

Reading yours makes me jealous that we don't do as much fun local stuff or go on as many trips or try biking 60 miles in the heat, etc.