Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Wedding

The main reason why we went to SLC was for Josh's wedding. When Josh was 14, he was my favorite patient when I worked at Primary Children's. He has always been stronger and wiser beyond his years and a great example to me. Now he is a return missionary, 21 and MARRIED. Congrats to the happy couple.
Roger and Kaylee


Ammon and Jacob made it RAIN at their reception (rain money)!

Alright, I will tell the embarassing story. I was sure that the wedding was NOT at the Salt Lake temple. So, I told Ryan to go to Jordan River. No one was there, and the temple worker told us the wedding was in SLC. I refused to believe her and had Ryan drive all the way to Timpanogas. In Lehi, I got a hold of the Timp Temple and they said they were closed for cleaning. So, it was in SL. I am so recalcitrant (there is the word for the day for Emily). Luckily, I made it for exchanging of the rings and hugs. Too many temples or I am losing my mind.

The other embarrassing thing was.... I forgot to wear a bra. I wasn't rushed in the morning. I even put on eye shadow and ate breakfast. I didn't even notice it was missing until I was running around. It totally slipped my mind. I did probably the two worst things possible when attending a wedding (late and no bra). Needless to say, I spent the whole day with my arms crossed over my chest.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is too funny! I've done that a few times, but luckily I thought "what is wrong here?!" before I left the house.

Luis and Christy said...

Cheyney you are great. I'm sure that you know that your moxy just adds one more reason that I like you... unless this part was written by Ryan and it that case, good job getting out of your comfort zone with the bra Ryan!

Wendy said...

That is so sad!

Julie said...

What a funny and tragic story!! Love it! You crack me up Cheyn!